Composite material antenna system
The objective of the project is to study the problem of the insertion of antenna functions into a structure made of composite materials.
Naval or land vehicles communicate increasingly. The objective of the project is to study the problem of inserting antenna functionality into a composite structure in two ways:
- Creation of a composite structure with antenna functionality (use of meta-materials)
- Integration of multiple antennas onto a single wall of composite material.
This study is used to initiate a technological breakthrough for antenna devices and their integration as well as optimizing the antenna architecture systems.
Ultimately, it will create a composite demonstration model of significant size, integrating multiple antennas.
The target markets are both civilian and military and the consortium partners are recognized in their field of expertise and their market segment.
- Porteur du projet
- DCNS Research Nantes
- Partenaires industriels
- Thales Communications, Plastima Composites
- Partenaires recherche
- CEMCAT, CERPEM, IETR
- 3 879 K€
- Cofinanceurs publics
- FUI (Single Interministerial Fund) and regional authorities
- Année de labellisation
- Année de cofinancement
- 2009 – Joint Certification by Pôle EMC2