Information and Monitoring system
The SISMARIS project is a system integrating key technical capabilities to monitor maritime traffic up to 200 nautical miles offshore.
This project combines the results from the SCANMARIS and TAMARIS projects.
It aims to develop and test a coastal platform installed on the Saint Mandrier peninsula. It merges conventional sensors and also second generation sensors still under development: HF radar, frequency modulated radar, an AIS network and conventional radar.
The purpose of the project is to develop an "integrated system" comprised of networked monitoring of an extended maritime area (EEZ) for the development, in a real environment, of key technology, new sensors, new incremental algorithms, in association with users.
System capabilities are as follows:
- Develop, in real time, a multiple sensor evaluation of the maritime traffic situation (AIS, VMS, conventional radar, high frequency long range radar, continuous frequency modulated radar, processed satellite imagery, camera optronics, etc.).
- Develop, at a later point, a more informed evaluation of the maritime traffic situation and information on the activities of vessels (types, destinations, cargo, history, etc..), navigational conditions (weather / oceanography), geographic data , regulations
- Detect abnormal events (in travel and in activity) and generate alerts
- Analyse, interpret and document suspicious behaviour (accidents, criminal activity, illegal fishing, pollution, regulation violations) associated with the alerts.
- Porteur du projet
- Partenaires industriels
- CHRISAR Software Technologies, Rockwell Collins, Thales Alenia Space, Pegase Systems, CLS, Sofresud, Fidens, Sopra Group, Intuilab, Ecomer
- Partenaires recherche
- Onera, Armines, Université Paul Sabatier (Toulouse)
- 6 930 K€
- Cofinanceurs publics
- fui 5Single Interministerial Fund° and PACA regional authorities
- Année de labellisation
- Année de cofinancement