Improving the environmental impact and reducing fuel consumption of engines using heavy fuel oil, through infrared analysis
The AIRCLAIR project objective is to design, develop, and make available prototypes of a new sensor capable of continuously analyzing the quality of fuel at the engine inlet, and instantly modifying the engine settings (electronic injection).
The goal is to continually optimize engine performance based on the actual fuel quality: heavy fuel oil, natural gas, gas recovery, for a gain of 5% or more in consumption, depending on the quality of the fuel, whilst remaining within pollutant emission limits.
- Porteur du projet
- C.M.R. (Contrôle Mesure Régulation)
- Partenaires industriels
- CMN (Compagnie Méridionale de Navigation) - SP3H
- Partenaires recherche
- UMR CNRS-UMR6263 Aix Marseille (LSCC), laboratoire de recherche Moteurs de l’Ecole Centrale de Marseille
- 3 700 K€
- Cofinanceurs publics
- FUI (Single Interministerial Fund) & PACA regional authorities
- Année de labellisation
- 2008 - Joint Certification by CapEnergies & Optitec
- Année de cofinancement