Efficiency in all fields
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée has demonstrated real operational efficiency in the service of innovative project holders, in line with its twinning in Brittany.
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée’s recognized efficiency is based on operational governance in which all of the actors recognize each other and are actively involved.
- The Interregional Coordination and Steering Committee is the consultation and coordination tool between the two Marine Centres, Brittany and PACA.
- The Strategic Orientation Committee is the body which facilitates contacts of the Pôle Mer with its environment at the regional institutional level.
- The Steering Committee constitutes the decision-making body of the Pôle Mer; it is responsible for elaborating the Pôle Mer strategy and undertaking its operational implementation.
- The Board reinforces links between the Engineering and Animation Team and the Pôle Mer Steering Committee; it is comprised of four members: the president of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée and three vice-presidents representing each college. The Director of the Pôle Mer also participates in the board meetings.
- The Engineering and Animation Team is in charge of the elaboration and the implementation of the operational budget, as well as of its associated activity programme.
- The Scientific Committee of the Pôle Mer draws together personalities from the R&D world. It provides an opinion upon the request of the President, or the Engineering and Animation Team, on strategy, projects or any other issues falling under its competences.
- The Funders’ Committee, made up of regional state representative authorities and all funding partners, provides an opinion regarding additional funding for a project, as a complement to possible funding from the Single Inter-ministerial Fund (FUI).
The Interregional Steering and Coordination Committee (ISCC) of the Pôle Mer
The Interregional Steering and Coordination Committee (ISCC) is the consultation and coordination tool between the two Pôle Mer, Brittany/ Atlantic and Mediterranean.
The ISCC ensures consistency between the projects of the Pôle Mer, avoids duplications and moreover encourages synergies.
It encourages common actions, mainly for the promotion of the French maritime sector abroad. It is composed of eight members, four members from each region, including the President of each Pôle Mer and the two Directors without voting powers.
Representatives of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée:
- François DEMOULIN, President of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée, Director of DCNS Toulon
- Philippe BARDEY, Vice-President of PME , CEO of ACRI Company
- Marie Christine HUAU, Vice-President foR Group, VEOLIA Environment
- Vincent Rigaud, Vice-President in charge of Research, Director of the Mediterranean IFREMER (French Institute of Sea Research and Operations) Centre
Representatives of the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique:
- Dominique SENNEDOT, Co-President, President of the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, DCNS
- Antoine DOSDAR, Director of the Brittany IFREMER Centre
- Didier GROSDEMANGE, In Vivo
- Hervé MOULINIER, Thalès
Steering committee of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée
The steering committee is the executive body of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée.
The steering committee is responsible for elaborating the Pôle Mer strategy and undertaking its operational implementation:
Follow-up on budget execution and related action plans
- Public and private fund raising
- Management of the Pôle Mer undertakings (development, memberships...)
- Recognition of projects undertaken by Pôle Mer actors.
Recruitment of the engineering and animation team.The Steering Committee ensures respect for the commitments taken before the Inter-ministerial Delegation for Land Planning and Competitiveness of the Territories (DIACT) regarding compliance with current Competitivity Centres rules. The steering committee is composed of three colleges of six members: groups, SMEs as well as research and training bodies. A 19th member represents the welcome structure of the Pôle Mer and of Toulon Var Technologies Association.
- François DEMOULIN, DCNS
- Bernard ALHADEF, SOFRESUD
- Philippe BARDEY, ACRI
- Eric CAUSSE, GREENSEA
- Guy CHAMBON, COMPAGNIE MARITIME CHAMBON
- Bruno GESCHIER, IDEOL
- Hervé LIVON, CHROMALU
- Patrick MUGNIER, CHRISAR SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES
- Gilles NOLIBE, CESIGMA
GROUPS AND COMPANIES SMES
- Christine CABAU WOEHREL, Grand Port Maritime de Marseille
- Jean Philippe CASSAGNEAU, EDF
- Bernard DABEZIES, CNIM
- François DEMOULIN, DCNS Toulon –
- Marie Christine HUAU, VEOLIA
- Guenaël GUILLERME, ECA Robotics
- Carole PAVAUT, D2M
- Daniel TATON, Thales Underwater Systems
- Paul CRISTINI, CNRS
- Laurent DAGORN, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement
- Ivan DEKEYSER, Aix Marseille Université
- Daniel FROECHLICHER, CETIM
- Eric GARCIA DIAZ, Ecole des Mines d’Alès
- Gabriel COUSIN, Observatoire Océanologique de Villefranche
- Vincent RIGAUD, IFREMER
- Eric Boutin, Université de Toulon
- Stéphan ANTARAMIAN, BNP Paribas
- Fabrice THEOBALD, GICAN
- Bernard TOMASINI, Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie du Var
MEMBER BY RIGHT
- Christophe CARNIEL, Transferts LR
- Bernard SANS, Toulon Var Technologies
During its meetings, the steering committee invites representatives of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the French Navy, the French Defence Procurement Agency (DGA), the State, the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry and local authorities:
- Agglomeration Community of Toulon Provence Méditerranée
- General Council of the Var department
- General Council of the Alpes-Maritimes department
- General Council of the Bouches-du-Rhône department
- Regional Council of the Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur Region
- Pays d’Aix District Community
- Urban Community of Marseille Provence Métropole
Board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée
The board reinforces links between the Engineering and Animation Team and the Steering Committee of the Pôle Mer.
The board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée is made up of four elected members, Mr. François Demoulin, President of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée and Director of DCNS ST, and 3 Vice-Presidents, representing each college:
- Vincent Rigaud, Director of IFREMER Mediterranean, Vice-President in charge of research and training
- Philippe BARDEY, President of ACRI, Vice-President of PME
- Marie Christine HUAU, Veolia Environment
- Patrick MUGNIER, CHRISAR Software Technologies
- Daniel TATON, Thales Underwater Systems
- Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie du Var
- Bernard DABEZIES, CNIM
- Eric CAUSSE, Greensea
- Ivan DEKEYSER, Université Aix-Marseille
- Emmanuel ARAGON, Université de Toulon
The Director of the Pôle Mer also participates in the work of the board.
The Board of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée prepares and broadens Steering Committee actions. It also serves as a interface between the managing bodies and the permanent team (Engineering and Animation Team).
Engineering and Animation Team
The Engineering and Animation Team is in charge of the elaboration and the operational implementation of the budget and its associated activity programme. Its aim is to:
- Develop and consolidate the Pôle Mer in its regional territory
- Steer and ensure the follow-up of working group meetings.
- Evaluate the Pôle Mer projects.
- Participate in the financial engineering of projects recognized by the Pôle Mer.
- Pôle Mer Set up and implement the international strategy of the
- Participate in the development of the Pôle Mer promotional activities
- Ensure relations with similar counterparts of the Brittany cluster.
- Prepare the decisions of the Steering Committee concerning Pôle Mer undertakings.
- Maintain relations with institutional bodies in association with the Steering Committee.
The Engineering and Animation Team of the Pôle Mer Méditerranée:
Strategic Business Areas 1 «Maritime safety and security » - Surveillance and maritime intervention
- Christophe AVELLAN, Deputy manager, in charge of the project
Strategic Business Areas 2« Naval and yachting » - Ships of the futur
Strategic Business Areas 6 « Harbours, infrastructures and shipping » - Port of the future
- Patricia MARIN, Head of projects
Strategic Business Areas 3 «Marine energy resources» - Deep offshore and Renewable Marine energies
- Didier DERBESY, Head of projects
Strategic Business Areas 3 «Marine energy resources» - Deep offshore
- Robert GANDOLFO, Senior consultant
Strategic Business Areas 4 «Marine biological resources» - Sustainable fishery, sustainable aquaculture and Blue biotechnologies
- Manon PEDRONI, Head of projects
Strategic Business Areas 5 «Environment and coastal management» - Sustainable coastal and ecological development and Sea and coastal environment services
- Julie TAULEIGNE, Management assistant and event manager
- Solenn LE MOULT, Assistant of project
- Eve RAYMOND, Head of projects International
- Colin RUEL, Project manager of European projects
- Julie PERSON, Territorial officer and project manager of GECMEDD's project
- Guy Herrouin, Project Manager to the Strategy
- Emmelyne M'ZE, Press and communication
- Alain GUILBERT, Senior consultant - Training, Employment and Oceans 21