|Project leader||SEMANTIC TS|
|Industrials partners||SOFRESUD, Ecomer|
|Research partners||Armines, CNRS, INP Toulouse, Université Paul Sabatier, Université Toulouse (IRIT)|
|Budget||2 000 K€|
|Year of labeling||2007|
|Year of co-financing||2007|
As such the project will study, evaluate and develop methods and a software tool to:
- Analyse weaknesses related to traffic density (large number of vessels) and their diversity (merchant ships, tankers, ferries, fishing, boating, etc.) across a regulated maritime zone.
- Process, cross reference, merge and make use of varied data from the different sensors and databases available to establish an informed and constant state of maritime traffic.
- Monitor and identify the routes (itineraries) for trade (corridor, marine highways, passenger transport, coastal shipping, fishing, etc.). The flow of goods (hydrocarbon, gas, containers, chemicals, freight, passengers, etc.) and illegal activities (abnormal behaviour of suspect vessels).
The project should permit the evaluation and testing of innovative methods and technology such as:
- Learning vessels movements (itineraries and behaviour)
- The development of flow modelling for goods and passengers
- The development of anomaly modelling (accidental and suspicious events such as the trafficking of illicit products)