The blue economy at the heart of European strategy
Blue Growth is the European Commission’s long term strategy to support sustainable growth in the marine and maritime sectors as a hole. It recognises that the seas and oceans are drivers for the European economy and have great potential for innovation and growth. Blue Growth is the maritime contribution to achieving the goals of the Europe 2020 strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
Since 2009, the Pôle Mer Méditerranée and its members have actively participated in European projects with no fewer than 36 members including 17 businesses having benefited from community funding.
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée supports its members to gain European funding through its various services:
- Awareness meetings
- Project idea diagnostics
- Monitoring European calls for projects
- Presentations during Working Groups of the Pôle’s
- Search for relevant European partners
- Advice and support for creating proposals and application form
- Selection of a consultant to create the dossier