Focus on innovation and competitiveness
The ambition of the Pôle MerMéditerranée, innovation sea cluster, is to sustainably develop the maritime and coastal economy in the Mediterranean sea and throughout the world by developing innovative projects and supporting development of companies.
In the South Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Occitania and Corsica regions, the cluster brings together scientific and economic actors around maritime and coastal themes with high security and sustainable stakes.
The cluster’s strategic actions area
Certified as a global competitiveness cluster in 2005, the Pôle Mer Méditerranée cluster brings together and supports start-ups, SMBs, large groups, research and training organisations around the six areas of strategic action:
- Maritime defence, security and safety
- Naval and yachting
- Marine energy and mining resources
- Marine biological resources
- Environment and coastal development
- Ports, Logistics and Maritime Transport
Two levers likely to generate major technological breakthroughs in the coming years have been identified:
Therefore, it has decided to make them two transversal axes for the six strategic actions area, with a specific and concrete animation.
THE 2018-2022 STRATEGY
For the period 2018-2022, the Innovation Sea Cluster has declined its ambition to develop the maritime and coastal economy in a sustainable way into 3 strategic orientations:
- To be one of the main levers of the integrated maritime policy by relaying and deploying national policies regionally.
- To be an international reference in the maritime and coastal field and to promote our members and territories through the "Pôle Mer" brand by consolidating its leading position in the Mediterranean Sea and by deploying a business-oriented service policy for its members.
- To be a driving force behind the competitiveness of companies, particularly for the structuring and animation of sectors.
SIGNIFICANT RESULTS AND PROGRESS
- 477 approved projects for a total budget of €1187,55 million
- Including 352 projects co-financed for a co-financing amount of €801,93 million
- 42 structuring projects (shared innovation platforms, ITE, IRT, Labex, Equipex...) for an amount of €1703.68 million
A STRONG NETWORK
- 209 SMBs
- 75 Non-SMB groups and companies
- 76 Research and training organizations
- 60 Ecosystem members (professional group, consultants, banks,...)
A total of 420 members.
BEYOND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, TO INNOVATE SUSTAINABLY.
The Mediterranean Sea has always been a source of inspiration for the most ambitious ideas for developing the maritime economy of our territory. It is in this spirit that Toulon Var Technologies (TVT) initiated the "Marine & Submarine Network" in 2000 with the support of Ifremer, the Centre d'Océanologie de Marseille (COM), the Observatoire Océanologique de Villefranche (OOV), the Institut des Sciences de l'Ingénieur de Toulon et du Var (ISITV), the Sud Toulon-Var University (USTV) and regional companies.
Marine & Submarine Network was certifying innovation cluster on July 12, 2005 in response to a request for proposals initiated by DATAR. It officially becomes the “Pôle Mer PACA”. The application file was conducted jointly with the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique cluster, Naval Group, Thalès, ECA, CNIM, Ifremer, Principia, Sud Toulon Var University and a network of entrepreneurs and laboratories.
PRIDES (Pôle Régional d'Innovation et de Développement Économique Solidaire) accredited by the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region in 2007 and 2011, the Pôle Mer intends to meet the challenges of the 21st century to develop maritime innovation projects in the Mediterranean.
Since the General Assembly on 27 June 2013, the PACA Sea Cluster has become the “Pôle Mer Méditerranée” cluster and registered its brand. This name change corresponds to a natural and legitimate evolution of its activities and territory around an ambition that is both Mediterranean and international.
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée cluster is becoming a driving force in the competitiveness of companies. Always looking to the future and the most ambitious innovations to sustainably develop the maritime and coastal economy in the Mediterranean Sea and throughout the world.