Focus on innovation and competitiveness
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée was certified by the State in July 2005 as a competitiveness cluster with global objectives and was classified as highly performing in the last two cluster evaluations held in 2008 and 2012.
It aims to promote sustainable development of the maritime and coastal economy in the Mediterranean, Europe and the rest of the world.
As part of the performance targets for the period 2013 - 2018 two key strategic directions were decided: boost innovation and accelerate growth of structures with particular emphasis on international development.
In Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, the Occitania region and Corsica, the Pôle unites over 400 members around maritime and coastal issues which impact strongly on society, the environment and scientific and economic matters.
A stated ambition
- To be one of the main drivers of an integrated maritime policy !To be an engine for business competitiveness
- Champion the Pôle’s international reputation in maritime and coastal affairs
- Promote our members and our regions in France and across the world
A new performance contract and a strategic roadmap for the 2013 - 2018 period signed with the State and local authorities in SUD Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and Occitanie.
Based on 2 principles:
- services for innovation
- services for business growth
Ideally situated for international business.
At a time when the global marine economy represents an annual turnover of 1,500 billion dollars, France has a real part to play in capturing a significant part of new growth markets.
The Pôle Mer Méditerranée: taking an active role in blue growth
The pole’s main missions:
- Contribute to the emergence of sectors: Floating Offshore Wind Turbines, marine environmental engineering and sustainable coastal development (ports),blue biotechnology (health, biofuels,cosmetics)
- Structure, strengthen and coordinate mature sectors: Naval (construction,maintenance, ship-breaking), underwater activities (robotics/offshore), maritime security
- Relay and deploy European, nationaland regional policies to facilitate theemergence of key projects, large programmes as well as technology platforms
- Stimulate innovation
- Accelerate business growth (particularly SMEs)
- Turn projects into future products
- Give members the benefits of the recognised «Pôle Mer» label.
OUR STRATEGIC BUSINESS AREAS
Acting as a true driver for innovation and competitiveness the Pôle Mer Méditerranée is structured around 6 Strategic Business Areas which are themselves laid out in Market Oriented Programs shared with the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, in markets with high potential.
- Maritime safety and security
- Naval and yachting
- Marine mining and energy resources
- Marine biological resources
- Marine environment and coastal planning
- Harbours, Infrastructure and shipping
One aim – to contribute to the consolidation, construction and vitality of associated activities:
- Naval (construction, maintenance, decommissioning)
- Underwater activities (robotics/offshore)
- Offshore floating wind turbines
- Ecological marine engineering and sustainable coastal development (ports)
- Blue biotechnology (health, biofuels and cosmetics)