Mission statement & challenges
FOCUS ON INNOVATION AND COMPETITIVENESS
Created in 2005, Pôle Mer Méditerranée is a business and innovation world class sea cluster located in South of France. It aims to promote sustainable development of the maritime and coastal economy, in the Mediterranean, Europe and the rest of the world.
In Region SUD Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, Occitanie and Corsica, the Pôle brings scientific and economic operators together regarding marine and coastal issues with high societal and environmental impact.
A STATED AMBITION
- To be one of the main champions of Integrated Maritime Policy
- To be a driver of business competitiveness
- To be an international reference point in marine and coastal issues and promote our members and territories through the «Pôle Mer» brand.
A new performance contract and a strategic roadmap for the 2013 - 2018 period signed with the State and local authorities in SUD Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and Occitanie.
Based on 2 principles:
- services for innovation
- services for business growth
Ideally situated for international business.
OUR STRATEGIC BUSINESS AREAS
Acting as a true driver for innovation and competitiveness the Pôle Mer Méditerranée is structured around 6 Strategic Business Areas which are themselves laid out in Market Oriented Programs shared with the Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, in markets with high potential.
- Maritime safety and security
- Naval and yachting
- Marine mining and energy resources
- Marine biological resources
- Marine environment and coastal planning
- Harbours, Infrastructure and shipping
One aim – to contribute to the consolidation, construction and vitality of associated activities:
- Naval (construction, maintenance, decommissioning)
- Underwater activities (robotics/offshore)
- Offshore floating wind turbines
- Ecological marine engineering and sustainable coastal development (ports)
- Blue biotechnology (health, biofuels and cosmetics